The inhabitants of the three villages, Mesarea, Karados and Kouroupados, either died or migrated due to the plague epidemic around the middle of the 17th century. Tarampados was the last village built on the island. Research from the Catholic Archives assures us that the village must have begun being built in the second half of the 17th century and was completed at the beginning of the18th. the complete absence of references to this settlement throughout previous periods, combined with multiple references to another settlement in the area, Potamo, which does not exist anymore, suggests that a tragic event forced the inhabitants of Potamo to abandon their settlement and to build a new one at a higher position. We do not have specific evidence of whether this migration was due to an epidemic or invasion, but it must have been a massive, collective migration. Potamos is no longer mentioned, except as an agricultural area. Tarampados owes its name today after the nickname “tarabas”, probably from the landowner of the area (eg Markos Foskolos, op., 6-7).Father Markos Foskolos in his latest statements on the above-mentioned villages (Tinos outside the walls: the Kato Meri, 43-57) speaks of the definitive disappearance of Messara after 1728, and the migration of Karados inhabitants in 1753 to Xinara. He also mentions the incorporation of Potamo into a parish with Smardakito from 1642 and a gradual displacement of residents from the middle of the 18th century during the parallel creation of Tarampados village. At the same time, Foskolos notes the drafting of a will in 1769 in Kouroupados due to the plague and the handling of the plague-afflicted, which were left a small opening to receive food and water while still alive.